Saturday, February 26, 2011

Thai Peanut Chicken

Here is what I had for dinner last night!

 I was driving home, thinking what will I make for dinner?? Then it dawned on me: I have chicken, I have peanut butter, soy sauce, peanuts, rice and veggies- TADA!
Here is my recipe for Thai Peanut Chicken:

Serves whatever you and your company's appetite is (2-4)- we had 3 servings.
2 chicken breasts
1 tbsp olive oil
2 clove garlic
salt and pepper
1 cup brown rice (cook in 2 cups water)
2 tbsp peanut butter
soy sauce
water
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp pancake syrup
1/2 red pepper
1/2 yellow pepper
1 head broccoli
1/4-1/2 cup peanuts

1: Start rice in saucepan or rice cooker. Will take about 50 mins to cook.
2: Heat pan with olive oil, and cook and brown up slices of chicken breast with salt and pepper and minced garlic.
3: Make sauce: peanut butter (if you use natural peanut butter like I do and you are near the bottom of the jar, put it in the microwave to soften.), soy sauce, cayenne and syrup. If it is too thick, add some water.
4: Once chicken is cooked, add veggies, sauce and peanuts to the chicken. Let veggies cook.
5: Top your serving of rice with the peanut chicken and veggies and enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment