Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Goodies


Well this is my first post. I doubt anyone will read it but this is okay! Xmas was great, but extremely filling. My mother and I both made some delicious desserts and while I tried my best to eat as healthy as possible I can't resist nanaimo bars or gingerbread men! yummy!!!! The photo is of fudge my friends and I made. So festive!

My sister and I worked out on the 24th and 26th, which was great! She is going to attempt the New Rules of Lifting for Women, which I did this past spring/summer/fall (its a 6 month program.) I got a new workout by Rachel Cosgrove (check her blog out here: http://rachelcosgrove.blogspot.com/) for Xmas and am going to start it up tomorrow! Can't wait! I'll be posting some of the workouts here so you get the idea of the crazy things you can do at the gym (that don't involve boring cardio...)
Also, today I ate possibly the most delicious oatmeal ever!!
Recipe:
oats, whatever kind and however much you want.
1 small banana
water and skim milk (again depends on the amount of oats and texture desired, i like my oatmeal thick)
2 tbsp ground flax
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1tbsp almond butter
In a sauce pan add oatmeal, sliced up banana, milk and water. Mix and heat up. once mixed and heated add flax. Take out of saucepan and add cottage cheese and almond butter. Enjoy!!!
Check out this blog for more oatmeal inspiration:
http://www.katheats.com

No comments:

Post a Comment