Tuesday, December 29, 2009

When I get cooking... Stew 2.0
















So sometimes I follow recipes... sometimes I don't.
This is one of those moments where I just looked in my cupboard for ingredients and I came up with this:
1 box of chicken stock
2 chicken breasts
1 can black beans
1 cup brown rice
1 cup spinach
1 orange pepper
thyme, oregano, salt and pepper

Crock pot it. = YUM! Its Stew 2.0- thick stew/soup... yes...
I really like the crock pot. I make chili and fajitas quite often in it. What I love is that you turn it on and walk away. No excuses!
I think I will freeze it and eat it when I need a quick dinner in the next few weeks! This is how I am successful at eating healthy- plan ahead and make it easy to make healthy choices! This is why I try to keep a fresh salad in the fridge. I fail when the only option I have is pizza (note: I have an entire veggie pizza in my freeze from the other night... haha)
Hope everyone is having a nice last few days of 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment