Yesterday my sister moved in and the day was spent cleaning and moving and cleaning and painting and moving and cleaning. 13 hours later we had a place we could call our home!
A very CLEAN KITCHEN!!
We cleaned out all the cabinets, washed fixtures, dishes, walls and the floor. It is very satisfying to have a a newly cleaned kitchen and more importantly, its really organized!!
Here is our new table and chairs! 100% oak and we got it second hand for 100 bucks!
Last night after an exhausted day, we all sat down to Funky Pickle Pizza and beer. It was DELICIOUS! I don't have pictures, sorry! haha
This morning I cooked oatmeal in my new/old pot. New as in new to me, but old because its my parents old pots and pans!
3/4 cup Almond milk boiling and add 1/4 cup Steel cut oats ,and 1 banana. Once cooked down add 1/2 cup cottage cheese, and some cinnamon. Almond butter for a topping! Chomp!
One of the many great things about living with my sister is that we have very similar eating habits and outlooks on food. This includes making a point of eating together, making delicious food and enjoying every bite! So tonight we did just that!
Here is a salad my sister made! Romaine, spinach, peppers, snap peas, tomatoes and cucumber!
Also, here is a picture of my salad spoons. I got them in Maui and they are great. They scoop a generous serving of salad every time!!
For our main course I decided that we should try Cheap, Healthy, Good Blog's Salsa Couscous Chicken or Moroccan Chicken. IT WAS SOOOOO YUMMY and the best part- RIDICULOUSLY EASY! Four thumbs way up from L and C!
Chicken and the yummy sauce!
Dinner set for two!
Here is the finished product!
Served over brown rice!
Are you drooling yet? I wish this blog could let you smell how good this was!
Here is the recipe... I had a minor variation. I used chicken breast instead of thighs. Thanks again for Cheap, Healthy, Good Blog for giving us such good recipes!!
1 cup uncooked couscous or rice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup slivered almonds
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 5 or 6 ounces each)
1 cup bottled salsa, medium heat
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons raisins
1 tablespoon honey
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1) Cook the couscous or rice according to package directions. Set aside.
2) In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add almonds. Cook, stirring occasionally. Once browned, remove from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
3) To the same pan, add garlic. Cook 30 to 60 seconds, until fragrant. Add chicken. Cook about 5 minutes, flipping once halfway through. Meat should be slightly browned when finished.
4) While chicken is cooking, combine salsa, water, raisins, honey, cumin, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir.
5) Add salsa mixture to pan. Stir to combine. Cover and cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. If it’s getting a little dry, add water as you go along. Chicken should be cooked through when finished. If not, give it another few minutes.
6) Serve chicken over rice/couscous. Top with sauce. Sprinkle with almonds.
Salad to finish! We got some new salad dressing today while grocery shopping! Bolthouse Yogurt Ranch Dressing- very ranchy and creamy!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!