Thursday, April 14, 2011

Frittata Frittata!

 So the other night I was hungry. I also had a lot of potatoes and over two dozen eggs... What did that mean?

FRITTATA! 

 Here is MY recipe 
(I honestly doubt that this isn't already out there in some capacity. Frittatas are super easy to make and versatile.)
Ingredients:
2 tbsp olive oil
6 medium potatoes
1 pepper
1 cup mushrooms
4 slices (turkey) bacon
4 eggs
1/2 cup egg whites
cayenne pepper
oregano (taste)
basil (taste)
salt and pepper
1 cup sliced tomatoes
1 cup spinach
1/2-1 cup cheddar cheese

In a large pan heat up some olive oil. Turn oven onto broil.
Start cooking up your potatoes and bacon on two sides of the pan. Once mostly cooked, add veggies and cook. Salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and spinach.
In a bowl, mix eggs, egg whites, cayenne, oregano, basil and salt and pepper. Pour over your potato and veggie mixture. Set stove to medium and let cook. Do not touch the egg mixture. Once eggs are mostly cooked, top with cheese.
Put in oven for 5-10 minutes. 
Take out of oven and let cool and sit for about 10 minutes.
Serves 4 (or 2 dinners, 2 lunches!)



I'll be honest, I had mine with a side of ketchup!!
I'm frittata obsessed lately. I made another one only a few days later. I want to make one with feta and spinach next. Can't get enough. So easy and delicious!

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. I love frittatas!!! I've not had one in a long time but your yummy recipe makes me want to go make one again :-) Kudos! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw a different frittata recipe on another site and had a craving to make one...you are definitely furthering that craving!! Joff doesn't like eggs very much, but maybe he'll like this with the potatoes in it.

    ReplyDelete