Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fall= Pumpkin Bread

Hi everyone!
I just wanted to do a really quick post tonight, since I have work to do on the job hunt front!
A few days ago I purchased a giant can of pumpkin from the grocery store (as i usually do, this isn't outside of the normal, since i usually put pumpkin in my oatmeal. nom nom...)
Anyway, later that day, I was reading The Kitchen Magpie and she had a recipe for pumpkin bread...
I had all the ingredients, so I did just that, made pumpkin bread!
You can find the whole recipe here!
Here is a slice with some almond butter on top...

Turns out I didn't have a bread pan... so I used a big cake pan. 
It worked just fine!
Lots and lots of pumpkin loaf!

I made a few minor changes: I used slightly less oil and more applesauce. It was an easy recipe and possibly one of the best pumpkin loaf recipes I've made!

Enjoy and happy fall!

7 comments:

  1. Looks delicious!
    Have you ever tried adding chili to pumpkin bread? I tried it once, and now I have to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the vote! Can't wait to see if we all made it through!! Although a luxury dinner party in 2 days time is scary!! Love pumpkin bread, now I want a slice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. job hunt = difficult, i'm sure. good luck!!! this looks super yummy. i have half a can of pumpkin i am needing to find a home for - this might just be it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made the boyfriend bruschetta sandwiches for dinner tonight...deliciousness =) It was the perfect way to use up the rest of my farmer's market tomatoes. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just to put a job idea in your head, at NAIT we get 11 days off at Christmas plus the regular 15 days vacation (and this year they are giving us an extra 5). uh huh, that's right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the flavors...looks and sounds so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. commmmmmmmee bacccccccccck! your blogger friends miss you :)

    ReplyDelete