Sunday, November 14, 2010

Papaya Chicken


 Hi Everyone! I hope you had a FANTASTIC WEEKEND (possibly the last warm one here in Edmonton... brrrrr....) Well... to warm you up I have discovered yet another fantastic recipe by the Spice Goddess!
This Papaya Chicken has the right amount of spicy and sweet and incorporates one of my favorite fruits! hoorah! Not to mention, its right up my alley- 1 pan cooking! woo hoo!

We served it with brown rice and a side of cauliflower!

Note: The only thing we didn't have was Fenugreek Seeds- anyone know what they are and where they can be purchased? I was thinking of hitting up an ethnic food store to see if they maybe had it. Not sure what the flavor is or how it would change the dish.



 We also had Beaujolais wine my sister brought back from France.
 It was superb!!
These kind of treats you have to savor!

Keep your eyes peeled over the next week for blog posts about my Convocation dinner at a Greek Restaurant and Friday Night Pierogi Dinner!

3 comments:

  1. That looks tasty! Although, I've learned that I don't like papaya. I would assume the stuff I eat here is quite good... but every time I get it, I regret it. I think I would like it cooked into something though. :)

    Looking forward to your upcoming posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can get fenugreek seeds at any Indian grocery store. I think the Indian grocery aisle at Superstore even has them.

    Benita

    ReplyDelete
  3. can you give me the recipe for your papaya chicken? It looks yummy

    ReplyDelete