Thursday, August 5, 2010

Barefoot Wine for a footnote night

Hi Friends! 
Just a quick update after a long, but fairly productive day! I got a decent amount of work done and am at the 2 week countdown before I hand my paper in... I can't wait! But I've got a lot to do. 
One thing to make the next two weeks go more smoothly- I bought some wine!
This one was a wine that Cathy taste tasted at last weeks Capital Ex. We both really liked it and the price was right at only $9 (yes, i seek out less expensive wines, though I don't think that means anything! judge me all you want but I don't have a job right now, haha.)
Barefood Moscato from California


And look at the back: Footnotes!
You know this wine was just asking to come home with me!

Now onto dinner tonight!
I kept it simple and hearty!
Grilled Farmers Market Potatoes, Carrots and Zucchini!!
Sprayed on olive oil, and then salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme.

Don't you just love it! I do!! 


I got a bbq chicken from the grocery store today. I knew I wouldn't have much time to make dinner tonight. The key with these is to take off the skin (since thats where all the calories and fat are!) and then add your own spices.







I had two glasses tonight, not going to lie.

Salad to finish!

I'm just going to finish up a few more pieces of work and then I am going to relax! Cathy and I are planning to use her new popcorn maker (that she got for her birthday over 3 weeks ago but has yet to use!! I've been waiting in anticipation!)
Night everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I also had zucchini last night... although they were rather expensive little things... BUT so worth it! Mine were just sauteed in olive oil and a bit of oregano. Enjoy the popcorn, I am going to eat so much of it when I'm back on vacation and have my popcorn maker again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm a fan of barefoot wine myself. my fav cheap wines are yellow tail (australia) & painted turtle (canada!)! now i want a glass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discovered Bare Foot wine last year in Rochester, and it fast became my favorite. Now here in Ontario it isn't always easy to find so when I do I kind of look like I have a problem because I usually buy all that they have.
    Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete