Monday, August 23, 2010

New Favorite things

So I don't have any food to share with you today, but I do have lots of other fantastic things to share!

First, I am now included on a list on Healthy Living Blogs. Its a great new website that has daily "What Health Means to Me" posts by healthy and active bloggers. Its alsohosts a fantastic list of health blogs-- everything from weight loss to foodies! I also think its great that they list blogs by area, which means I can find more Alberta like-minded bloggers! Check it out!

Now onto something more close to home: The Tomato is an Edmonton based publication that I actually picked up for the first time a few weeks ago at a coffee shop, but just kept forgetting to post about! Besides the "Whats happening" section which lets you know about great food events going on in the Edmonton area, it also has fantastic, local recipes and reviews! The summer one should still be in local coffee shops and restaurants and I believe the fall issue comes out sometime in September!

My latest tv addiction.... When my sister moved in with me, she insisted we get more than just basic television. I resisted just because of the price, but what are you going to do? I did miss A&E, History and The Food Network... wow did I miss the Food Network! I am in love with tons of new shows (well new to me! haha) This includes:
The Supersizers Go: two hilarious British people explore the food habits of people over the last few hundred years... it mixes HISTORY WITH FOOD-- its like this show was meant for me!!! ieeee...!!

Eat, Shrink and Be Merry: Two fantastic ladies challenge fatty caloric foods with their healthier versions in a taste test. I'm inspired to make their version of butter chicken sometime soon.

Anna and Kristina's Grocery Bag:  (This is on the W network or Viva) but wow! I always loved the Shopping Bags hints and tips, but this really is the best of all their shows. They make recipes from a cook book and make those recipes for a chef or cook that is known within that particular style of food. Their experiences let you know whether or not you would like that book! Its entertaining and informative!

1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled upon this place via Sharon's site...welcome! I look forward to getting to know you and your blog!

    ReplyDelete